If you are looking for balance between a rewarding career and an affordable balanced lifestyle, consider this unique opportunity. We are looking for a Certified Prosthetist (CP(c)). The optimal candidate would have a minimum of 3-5 years experience.
Metro Health Services in Saint John, N.B. offers a unique opportunity. We are a non-profit organization located in the Saint John Regional Hospital. We are not a hospital department but have all the advantages of operating as a business in a hospital location. We offer a well-integrated team approach with Orthotic, Prosthetic, Pedorthic, and Specialized Seating programs.
Located on the beautiful Bay of Fundy, with bedroom communities along the Saint John River system, the area is full of natural, and water-based recreational opportunities. This area would be considered cottage country in some provinces. Canada's oldest city has a rich mix of cultural and historical attractions. Housing is very affordable, driving time and traffic are not an issue, and the area offers modern community recreation programs and facilities. Driving time to other destinations within the province is minimal, with travel to locations in PEI, Nova Scotia and the Northeastern US locations within 4 hours driving time.
The caseload would be to:
- Provide services to patients from a Pediatric to Geriatric range as they relate to the assessment, measurement, fabrication, fitting, and repair of various prostheses
- Management of prosthetic care for patients as directed by Physicians' prescription and ongoing follow up
- Specify, supervise, and training of assigned clinical and technical support staff and to ensure the quality of work done by technicians and the manufacture, repair, and modification of the appliances
- Undertake technical work as required
- Participate in clinics, workshops, seminars, and provide in-services to other disciplines as required
- Provide mentorship to subordinates
- Represent the Prosthetics service in the planning for future growth and development of Metro Health
We are in a team environment, so working well with others is essential. You negotiate your rewards and work needs with a competitive pay scale and benefit package. We have flexible hours and vacation leave needs. Please forward your resume in confidence.
Thank you in advance.
Metro Health Services
Att. Laurie Hodgson