Status: Term Specific Part Time (0.80 FTE)
Hourly Wage: $36.78 to $45.93
Royal Inland Hospital's Orthotics Department is seeking a dynamic and motivated Certified Orthotist, who desires to work within a huge scope of diverse and complex cases and make a difference in the Kamloops community. This is a term-specific position with end date of March 31st, 2025.
What Will You Work On?
This unique position offers the successful Certified Orthotist an opportunity to work with complex Orthotic cases including spinal, pediatrics, trauma, neuro and post-surgical procedures. By offering services to such a large catchment area, this position offers a diverse and challenging caseload that will offer variety and opportunities.
The Certified Orthotist will be working directly with a Certified Orthotist, an Orthotic Technician, Vascular Surgeons, Orthopaedic Surgeons, and a team of Allied Health Professionals to provide optimal orthotic care for patients. This position designs and fits orthoses to enable clients to function better and improve their quality of life. Duties include receiving referrals, assessing clients' needs, designing and/or selecting appropriate orthoses, fitting and adjusting orthoses, examining and evaluating existing orthoses and making recommendations for repair/replacement. As part of the Interior Health Rehabilitation Team, the Certified Orthotist supervises and provides work direction to Orthotic staff and performs administrative functions for Orthotic Services. Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 16:00 hours.
Reasons to Join Interior Health
- Eligible positions qualify for relocation support
- Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
- Generous paid vacation entitlement
- Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
- Access to our in-house learning and development Centre
- Employee Health and Wellness programs
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
- Employee pension plan
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Safe and welcoming communities
Community Profile: Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) is a Tertiary Referral Hospital located at 311 Columbia Street, Kamloops, BC. The RIH Rehabilitation Department has a strong team approach supported by opportunities for on-going education and career growth. By working as part of a multidisciplinary team, you will have access to resources and other healthcare professionals right at your fingertips!
Education, Training & Experience:
- Completion of recognized Orthotics Program and two years' recent experience in a rehabilitation health care setting, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Certification in Orthotics from the Canadian Board for Certification of Prosthetists and Orthotists (CBCPO) and eligible for membership in the Canadian Association for Prosthetics and Orthotics (CAPO)
Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate. *
Apply Now to Job ID #01820780: jobs.interiorhealth.ca