Job Title: Certified Orthotist
Location: Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Certified Orthotist to join our dynamic team in serving the vibrant community of Saint John and surrounding areas. As an Orthotist with our organization, you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of patients, enjoy the unique East Coast lifestyle, and make a significant impact on improving the quality of life for individuals in need of Orthotic services.
- Patient Care: Provide comprehensive orthotic services to patients of all ages and conditions, including evaluation, assessment, design, fabrication, fitting, and follow-up care
- Assessment and Customization: Conduct thorough patient assessments, taking into account their specific needs, medical history, lifestyle, and personal goals. Design and customize orthotic devices, ensuring optimal fit, function and comfort.
- Consultation and Collaboration: Collaborate with healthcare professionals, including physicians, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, and other specialists, to develop comprehensive treatment plans and ensure the best possible outcomes for patients.
- House Calls and Outreach: Conduct house calls for patients who are unable to visit our clinic, ensuring accessibility and personalized care. Participate in outreach programs, community events, and educational initiatives to promote orthotic services and raise awareness about the importance of proper orthotic care.
- Documentation and Record-Keeping: Maintain accurate and detailed patient records, including assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, and device specifications. Adhere to professional standards and ethical guidelines.
- Schedule flexibility: Demonstrate flexibility in your work schedule to accommodate the needs of our patients, including occasional evenings as necessary
- Professional Development: Stay abreast of the latest advancements in orthotics through continuing education, workshops, conferences, and professional networking. Seek opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge to provide the highest level of care to our patients
- Canadian Certified Orthotist CO(c) designation from an accredited program
- Experience in orthotic assessment, design, fabrication, and fitting
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics, and orthotic principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport with patients and collaborate effectively with healthcare professionals
- Compassionate, patient-centered approach to care, with a commitment to improving the lives of individuals through orthotic intervention
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Valid driver's license and willingness to travel to various locations within our service areas, including Saint John, Fredericton, Woodstock, Sussex, and St. Stephen
- Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate patient needs, including house calls and occasional evening/weekend appointments.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with opportunities for growth and advancement
- Full benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Professional development support for continuing education, workshops, and conferences
- A supportive and collaborative work environment within a close-knit team
- The opportunity to live and work in beautiful Saint John, New Brunswick, and enjoy the unique East Coast lifestyle, with its rich maritime heritage, stunning natural landscapes, and vibrant communities
As an integral part of our job description, we want to highlight the unique aspects of the East Coast lifestyle, specficially in the Saint John, New Brunswick area. Living on the Bay of Fundy, home to the world-famous Reversing Falls, offers easy access to outdoor recreation, good food, grat community, and is just a short drive from anywhere in Atlantic Canada. We believe that this unique setting, combined with the variety of patients and the flexibility of our practice, offers a fufilling and rewarding professional experience.
If you are passionate about orthotic care and eager to immerse yourself in the East Coast lifestyle, we invite you to apply and join our team. Together, we can make a positive impact on the lives of our patients, while embracing the beauty and charm of this remarkable region. To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications to [email protected].