Bundless Biomechanical Bracing is looking for a full time Orthotic Technician to join our team. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to be involved in all technical aspects of the fabrication process necessary to produce orthoses for clients of all ages and to assist our team in the design and delivery of devices for our clients.
Boundless has a 30-year history of providing excellence and innovation in orthotic services and is a leader in the profession. This is a unique opportunity to join our highly specialized team at a time when there is much potential for growth and advancement in our field. At Boundless, you will be making a positive difference to the clients we serve.
Job Summary: The Orthotic Technician is a member of the technical team. Areas of focus include professional fabrication of high quality devices, performing repairs or modifications to orthoses and footwear, and supporting clinical staff in providing services to our clients. Key elements of this role include attention to detail and time management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fabricate custom devices and shoe modifications that meet the required Boundless standards for quality while adhering to supplier and industry standards
- Maintain the technical environment in a clean and organized manner
- Complete work in a timely manner with attention to deadlines
- Collaborate with clinical staff in the set-up and design of orthoses
- Provide technical recommendations when appropriate
- Support and/or collaborate with clinical staff for assessments, treatment planning, and treatment provision as needed.
- Maintain accurate technical records during fabrication and repairs
- Complete or assist in repairs to client devices/footwear
- Participate in continuing education opportunities
- Take initiative to bring novel fabrication methods and materials into practice
- Seek and develop opportunities to improve lab efficiencies
- Instruct or supervise learners
- Work with the Additive Manufacturing Orthotic Technologist to develop standardized protocols and procedures for additive manufacturing workflow
- Work with the Business and Operations Manager to optimize technical workflow
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills needed to coordinate production and manage workflow within the lab.
- Willingness to transition to a leadership role with increased responsibility
Education & Experience:
- Must be a registered Orthotic Technician RTO(c), Orthotic Intern currently in an Internship, or a graduate of the George Brown College Prosthetic-Orthotic Technician program who has the desire to be registered and enter into an Orthotic Internship
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please email your resume and cover letter outlining your interest in the position to [email protected]. Interviews will be offered to those candidates who qualify based on the evaluation of the submitted cover letter and resume.