Certified Orthotist - Island Health
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Orthotics Department Supervisor and utilizing a client-centered approach and working within the context of a multidisciplinary team, provides and manages comprehensive Orthotic care based upon a clinical assessment and physicians' prescription. Supervises Technicians. Monitors the achievement of service objectives within area of responsibility and adheres to established budgetary guidelines.
Education, Training And Experience
Certification by Canadian Board of Certified Prosthetists and Orthotists (CBCPO) in good standing. Eligible for membership in the Orthotics Prosthetics Canada (OPC). Two years recent experience in Orthotic assessment and design for children and adults with multiple handicaps and one year supervisory experience. Attendance at relevant workshops, seminars, and demonstrations. Valid class 5 Driver's License.
Skills And Abilities
- Clinical competency in the profession.
- Ability to work with children, youth, adults and their families.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize own time and responsibilities and to establish priorities.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Ability to supervise.
- Analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work within budgetary parameters.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of position.
- Travel is a requirement of this position.
- Travel arrangements must meet operational requirements.
Relocation assistance is available for the successful candidate.
Please see the full description here: https://jd.viha.ca/JD3326.pdf
Apply by emailing us directly at [email protected]
If you have any questions about this position, please email Al Plouffe, Program Coordinator at [email protected] ([email protected] after September 21st)