Are you looking for a demanding, yet rewarding career as an Orthotist? Join the Island Health Team at the Queen Alexandra Centre.
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Orthotics Department Supervisor and utilizing a client-centered approach and working within the context of a multidisciplinary team, provides and manages comprehensive Orthotic care based upon a clinical assessment and physicians' prescription. Supervises Technicians. Monitors the achievement of service objectives within area of responsibility and adheres to established budgetary guidelines.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Certification by Canadian Board of Certified Prosthetists and Orthotists (CBCPO) in good standing. Eligible for membership in the Orthotics Prosthetics Canada (OPC). Two years recent experience in Orthotic assessment and design for children and adults with multiple handicaps and one year supervisory experience. Attendance at relevant workshops, seminars, and demonstrations. Valid class 5 Driver's License.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Clinical competency in the profession.
- Ability to work with children, youth, adults and their families.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize own time and responsibilities and to establish priorities.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Ability to supervise.
- Analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work within budgetary parameters.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of position.
- Travel is a requirement of this position.
- Travel arrangements must meet operational requirements.
Link to Full Job Description https://jd.viha.ca/JD3326.pdf
Additional information for applicants:
Relocation assistance is available for successful candidates
Travel Requirement - Travel between multiple sites may be required
Shift Start Time/End Time - TBD between 7:30 and 16:30
Days Off - Weekend/Stats
Vacancy Type - Temp FT Project
Salary Range (Hourly Rate) - $33.13 - $41.43
Bi-weekly Hours - 75
Planned Start Date - Dec. 7 2021
Approximate End Date (For Temporary Assignments ONLY) - Jun. 7 2023
CRC required? (employee will be working with or have access to children or vulnerable adults and requires a Criminal Record Check) - Yes
Requisition CA - Health Science Professionals
Affiliation/Union - HSA