Company: Anderson Orthopedics
Job Title: Certified Orthotist
Job Location: 602 1st St. Brandon, MB
Job Status: Full Time (Permanent)
Salary Range: $34.61/hour
Benefits: Prescription Drug, Dental, Life, Long Term Disability, EAP, and Travel
At Anderson Orthopedics mobility is our priority. Our mission is to provide a superior quality of care that patients recommend, rehabilitation professionals prefer, and employees are proud of. We are a large clinic with two locations in Manitoba. We are currently looking to expand our team by adding a certified orthotic clinician at our location in Brandon Manitoba.
Brandon is the second largest city in Manitoba with a population of just under 50,000 people. It is a community with great possibilities and is the ideal place for people who love the outdoors. Brandon has great lakes for fishing and kayaking, and is surrounded by amazing trails for hiking and mountain biking.
- Certified Orthotist CO (c) – OPC Accredited Certification
- Advanced skills and experience with the fabrication and repair of orthotic devices
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working directly with orthotic patients as well as orthotic device fabrication and repair
- Demonstrates ability to effectively contribute to a team environment
- Maintains a strong sense of ethics and accountability
- Design, build, fit and adjust prosthetic and orthotic appliances
- Examine and measure patients to develop working sketches of appliances
- Advise patients in the use and care of prostheses and orthoses
- Interpret physician's specification
- Make and modify plaster casts
- Communicate with other medical professionals regarding patient care
- Repair, build and modify orthotic appliances or footwear
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Able to solve problems and facilitate resolutions with all levels of staff
- Able to work effectively with a variety of people including patients, physicians, physiotherapists, nurses and technicians
- Patience, empathy and the ability to motivate and encourage patients while providing excellence in patient care
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
- Able to create and maintain an atmosphere of learning; proven ability to develop educational programs, both clinical and technical, for clinicians, residents, and technicians.
How to Apply:
Email: [email protected]
1818 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3J 0G5